The Faculty Summer Institute (FSI) is a three-day conference that brings faculty members and instructional-technology professionals together each May at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Attendees come from across Illinois and as far away as Canada. The conference features hands-on workshops, keynote presentations, and training on the use of modern communication and information technologies in higher education.
Participants are encouraged to share their experiences and teaching methods in person and virtually. Networking is a main component of the Faculty Summer Institute, and there are many opportunities for social engagement during receptions, scheduled activities, and concurrent sessions.
FSI was founded in 1996 when the Presidents and Chancellors of Illinois public universities called for the development of an Inter-institutional Faculty Summer Institute on Learning Technologies. Since then, this popular conference has been supported by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, directed by a succession of steering committees, and enjoyed by all who appreciate the ideas and information shared at this annual event.
- Call for Proposals Opens: Friday, January 16, 2015
- Call for Proposals Closes: Monday, March 2, 2015
- Proposals Approved & Presenters Notified by: Friday, March 27, 2015
- Registration Opens: Friday, March 6, 2015
- Registration Closes: Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- FSI Conference: May 27-29, 2015
- State universities: No charge
- ION partner community colleges: $25 (ION pays the remainder)
- Private institutions: $100
- Out-of-state institutions: $100